There are plenty of 2019 Ford models that have excellent towing capabilities that are great for your RVs and trailers. Here’s what a few of the more prominent Ford models can tow.
2019 Ford F-150 Trailer Towing
Since the 2019 Ford F-150
is one of the most popular Ford vehicles, we will start off with that model. In the chart below you can see the max payload and towing that you’ll have, depending on which engine you pick.
For a full rundown of the 2019 Ford RV and trailer towing list you can click this link here!
|2019 Ford F-150 Engine
|3.3L Ti-VCT V6
|2.7L EcoBoost V6
|3.5L EcoBoost V6
|5.0L Ti-VCT V8
|3.0L Turbo Diesel V6
|3.5L EcoBoost H.O. V6
||1,200 lbs. (Raptor), 1,530 lbs. (Limited)
||8,000 lbs. (Raptor), 11,100 lbs. (Limited)
Ford Motorhomes and their GVWRs
- Class A Motorhome Chassis:
- This motorhome has a max trailer weight of 7,700 lbs. It has three Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings: 16,000, 19,500, and 22,000 lbs. It also has two Gross Combination Weight Ratings: 23,000 and 26,000 lbs.
- E-Series (Class C Motorhome Chassis):
- The E-Series has a max GWVR of 14,500 lbs. GVWR and GCWR of 22,000 lbs.
- Transit (Class C Motorhome Chassis):
- This model has a max GVWR of 10,360 lbs. and a max GCWR of 13,500 lbs. You can choose between the 3.7L Ti-VCT V6 gas and the 3.2L I5 diesel engines.
Required equipment when towing your 2019 Ford Vehicle
- Transit: Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package (for trailers over 5,000 lbs.)
- F-150: Trailer Tow Package or the Max Trailer Tow Package (for trailers over 5,000 lbs.)
- F-450: High-Capacity Trailer Tow Package (35,000 lb. GCWR)
- F-550: High-Capacity Trailer Tow Package (40,000 lb. GCWR)
- Escape: Class II Trailer Tow Package (for trailers over 2,000 lbs.)
- Explorer: Class II Trailer Tow Package (for towing capacity between 2,000 lbs. and 3,000 lbs. maximum), Class III Trailer Tow Package (for towing capacity between 2,000 pounds and 5,000 pounds max).
- Expedition: Class IV Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package (for trailers over 6,000 lbs.)
- Edge: Class II Trailer Tow Package & AWD (for trailers over 1,500 lbs.)
- Ranger: Trailer Tow Package (for trailers over 3,500 lbs.)
- Flex: Class III Trailer Tow Package (for trailers over 2,000 lbs.)
Technology features in your Ford that help with towing
- Tow/Haul mode
- Dynamic Hitch Assist
- Trailer Sway Control
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- 360-degree Camera
- Trailer Brake Control
- Trailer Reverse Guidance
2019 Ford vehicles that can tow in Smyrna, GA
If you are looking for your next Ford vehicle that can tow a trailer here in Smyrna, GA, then come on over to Wade Ford today. You’ll be able to check out your favored 2019 Ford
and can ask us any questions you have while you are here.