When you purchase a new Ford vehicle
, you may be exposed to several new technology features. The first step to being able to utilize these features is learning how they work. For instance, if you are looking to access your phone and music through Ford SYNC 3, you will need to pair your phone with the system. In order to do so, all you have to do is follow these pairing instructions. Once your phone is connected, you will be able to make and receive calls as well as stream your favorite tunes.
You may also like: How does Ford Pre-Collision with Pedestrian Detection work?
Bluetooth Pairing Instructions for Ford SYNC 3
- Start your Ford vehicle and make sure your phone is turned on.
- Enable and turn on your phone's Bluetooth settings.
- On the bottom of your SYNC 3 display screen, press Settings.
- Choose Bluetooth, then Add a Bluetooth Device.
- Turn back to your phone's Bluetooth settings. Your phone should scan for Bluetooth devices.
- Your Ford's SYNC 3 system should show up in the list of devices. Select it.
- Both the vehicle display screen and your phone should display a PIN. Ensure they match and accept the pairing on both.
- A screen may pop up on the SYNC 3 system asking if you want to "Set as Favorite Phone" and/or "Auto-Download" contacts. You can either accept or deny.
- Press Finish to complete the pairing process.
There you have it! Your phone should now be connected to your Ford SYNC 3 system. If you run into problems during the pairing process or have questions about what you can do now that your phone is connected, feel free to contact our team at Wade Ford or get in touch with your local Ford dealer.